Example of Jerusalem Way stages from Jordan to Jerusalem (Holy Land)
These stages can be a good basis for your Jerusalem Way pilgrimage through the Holy Land. They were made for a "fast" pilgrim. Without guarantee / errors and mistakes reserved!
The complete GPS route from Jordan to Jerusalem as well as all POIs and tips for accommodation can be found directly in the app. See webshop
1. Ar-Ramtha - Al Husun about 25 km
2. Al Husun - Jerash about 33 km
3. Jerash - Zarqa River area approx. 18 km (Minimum half day for sightseeing in Jerash)
4. River Zarqa - Al Amir Hamzah / Amman city limits about 35 km. Important note for crossing the Zarqa river: if the river carries too much water, for example after rain or in winter, you cannot go through the water! You have to use the bridge which was a few kilometers before! See the POI in the Mapy App for details.
5. Al Amir Hamzah area - Downtown Amman about 15 km
6. Visit from Amman about 10 km
7. Amman - Madaba about 35 km
8. Visit of Madaba - Mount Nebo & visit about 15 km
9. Mount Nebo – Dead Sea & Dead Sea visit approx. 23 km
10. Dead Sea - Baptismal and Visitation Site - Border Crossing - Jericho approx. 28 km
11. Visit to Jericho - sea level / sleeping place in the Bedouin camp approx. 22 km (registration in the camp is recommended - contact and position in the desert see POI in the Mapy App)
12. Bedouin Camp - Judean Desert - Bethany / Al-Eizariya - Checkpoint Jerusalem - Mount of Olives / Mount of Olives Hotel approx. 23 km
13. Mount of Olives - Old City / Center of Jerusalem about 5 km
Important: We absolutely do not recommend less than 14 days! 16 to 21 days (3 weeks) are ideal. Reserve a day for sightseeing in Jerash. Two days for Amman. A day for Madaba. One day for Jericho and at least 3 days for Jerusalem! Additional time for driving from Jerusalem to Bethlehem and then possibly for walking back from Bethlehem to Jerusalem.
The details of the sights listed above as well as tips for accommodation and contacts are available as POIs in the Mapy app saved. These are constantly updated and expanded through feedback from pilgrims.