JERUSALEMWEG / JERUSALEM WAY / EL CAMINO DE JERUSALÉN / LE CHEMIN DE JÉRUSALEM / LA VIA DI GERUSALEMME / KUDÜS YOLU
>>> The world's longest path to peace <<
- LINZ: Sept. 23, 2023 / INVITATION! The European Capital of Culture and City of Peace Linz becomes a partner of the longest Peace Walk in the world! Ceremonial installation of the Jerusalemweg Dove of Peace in front of the New Town Hall in the area of the Nibelungen Bridge with Mayor Luger and the representatives of the religious communities Sat September 23, 2023 at 15:00 p.m. Immediately before that there is the possibility of a joint pilgrimage on the Jerusalemweg from Lofer to Linz (participation possible on a daily basis!). WE ASK FOR YOUR ACTIVE ATTENDANCE. THANKS! Open the ceremony for details and procedures
- FULDA: September 29th and 30th, 2023 / INVITATION! The Boniface city of Fulda becomes a partner of the Jerusalemweg! Ceremonial opening of the interreligious Jerusalemweg with installation of the dove of peace on Sat September 30, 2023 at 14:00 p.m. Before that, a joint pilgrimage and an extensive supporting program with live film lectures and presentations on Friday, September 29.09th. in the banquet hall of the Orangery and pilgrims' table. open details
- NEWS & ACTIVITIES 2023: See newsletter
- PILGRIM REPORTS & NEWS: See Facebook
- JERUSALEM WAY GPS: Available from Spain to Jerusalem
- Sun. March 26 - Wed. April 05, 2023: Pilgrimage JORDAN / ISRAEL / PALESTINE On this extraordinary and unique journey, we experience the wonderful landscapes of the Holy Land in the time when the desert blooms! Away from the usual tourist paths, we slowly make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem on the route of the Jerusalem Way through Jordan, Palestine and Israel, rest in the shade of the olive trees, hike through original landscapes, come to Jewish and Arabic villages, breathe in the diversity of cultures. TRIP WAS FULLY BOOKED! Fri 23 Sept - Fri 07 Oct 2022: Pilgrimage TURKEY / ASIA MINOR
ADVANCE NOTICE FOR 2024
- PILGRIMAGE FRANCE: END OF MAY TO EARLY JUNE 2024: 14-day guided pilgrimage through France along the entire Jerusalem Way! From the Pyrenees to Lake Geneva together with Johannes Aschauer: Details follow here on the website
The book on the pilgrimage on foot to Jerusalem is in the languages German and English (Hardcover, paperback, e-book / e-book). See shop for details and order
- (07 April - 17 April 2022)
(June 25, 2022)
Festive opening of the JERUSALEMWAY OF THE MONASTERIES: installation of the dove of peace and pilgrimage together! With an interreligious ceremony on June 25, 2022, this Jerusalem way feeder was opened and the large, handmade stainless steel dove of peace was ceremoniously unveiled.
--- OPEN PHOTOS HERE ---
Several religious leaders said prayers of blessing! For Judaism Rabbi Dr. Dannyel Morag; for Islam Imam Faouzi Slama; for the Anglican Church Rev. Dr. Elizabeth Ring; for the Evangelical Church Ulrike Koehler. Afterwards they all revealed as well as patron MEP Monika Hohlmeier, abbess M. Laetitia Fech, city pastor Dr. Thomas Vogl, First Mayor Bernd Sommer, District Administrator Roland Grillmeier and Jerusalem Way initiator Johannes Aschauer together the dove of peace. In addition to numerous guests of honor, many pilgrims from Germany and abroad came to take part in the ceremony and the joint pilgrimage in the Stiftland. Thank you all! God bless you.
Note: For the complete review, see the Newsletter 2022
This will be followed by a joint pilgrimage from Monday, June 27th to Friday, July 8th, 2022 from Waldsassen via Cham to Passau. See details here
(September 18, 2021)
GUIDED PILGRIMAGE ON THE WAY OF JERUSALEM BALKANS: HUNGARY - CROATIA - SERBIA - KOSOVO - NORTH MACEDONIA - GREECE! (28 August 2021 to 10 September 2021)
The song JERUSALEMA is constantly spreading, countless videos from different parts of the world are online, Jerusalem is sung about as a place of longing and hope! Moagi said in an interview that the song asked for God's protection and guidance.
This goes wonderfully with the international peace path JERUSALEM WAY. In the end, different religions and cultures are united by a common goal. The holy city of Jerusalem is the intersection of world religions and the bridge to heavenly Jerusalem. In each of us, in our hearts.
- AUTUMN HIKE WACHAU 2019 Open invitation here (20.10.2019)
- SPRING HIKE 2019 Review including photos (16.04.2019)
- ESSLINGEN / STUTTGART PHOTOS Pilgrim symposium and pilgrimage February 22 to 24.02.2019
- JOURNEY ON THE JERUSALEM WAY WACHAU (SAT 29.09.2018)
- PREMIERE: GUIDED PILGRIMAGE TRAVELS ON THE WHOLE JERUSALEM WAY (Travel menu)
- ASSOCIATION "JERUSALEM WAY INTERNATIONAL PEACE TEAM"
* NEW from 2017: Become a supporting member - THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!
- BOOK NEW RELEASE 1.12.16: Paperback National Geographic (Malik | Piper Verlag)
- MESSAGE from the State of Israel: Supports JERUSALEM WAY peace project
Jerusalem Way Pilgrim Pass / CREDENTIAL AVAILABLE HERE!
- PILGRIMAGE ID 5, -
- PILGRIMAGE DOCUMENT + 10 JERUSALEM WAY STICKERS EUR 8, -
The cover sheet is in over 10 languages, for the issue we need your name, nationality, address and date of birth. Sufficient stickers are provided for all pilgrims who want to help mark the path! In this way, your own traces are left on the path for you and subsequent pilgrims: Paths are created while walking! Order see webshop
The pilgrim pass / credential was in cooperation Archdiocese of Vienna & JERUSALEM WAY Peace Team published. The picture below shows Johann Graßer from Bavaria, he reached JERUSALEM on foot on November 30, 2013 - CONGRATULATIONS! Link to his Facebook page
ORF TV FILM: ON FOOT TO JERUSALEM
ORF PROGRAM "FEIERABEND" / INITIATION 2012 FINISTERRE
BRUSSELS / JERUSALEM WAY EXHIBITION IN THE EU PARLIAMENT
The opening of the JERUSALEM WAY peace exhibition on April 1, 2014 in the EU Parliament was a great success! Thousands of visitors saw the international exhibition in three days! Link to photos
Press release: >>> Jerusalem Way is international understanding in practice <<
Writer Paulo Coelho is enthusiastic about the Jerusalem Way peace project!
(June 30, 2013) The Jerusalem pilgrims and the literary star met in a small Spanish village. What an incredible, wonderful coincidence: the Way of St. James meets the Way of Jerusalem! Coelho was enthusiastic and recognized the dimension of the Jerusalem Way as an international peace project. In Jerusalem, the city of peace, there is no peace! So every single pilgrim makes an important contribution to peace in the Holy Land and at the same time Jerusalem is the Gordian knot for peace in the world. Because what separates religions and peoples we can reunite people in love.
Audience with Pope Benedict XVI
David Zwilling, Otto Klär and Johannes Aschauer received the book "On the Jerusalem Path: From the Heart of Europe on foot to Jerusalem" in the presence of Cardinal Schönborn to Pope Benedict as part of the papal general audience in Rome today, Wednesday 25 January 2012 XVI. presented and presented the Jerusalem Way.
For the three Jerusalem pilgrims, after their 6-month pilgrimage and the arrival after about 4.500 km on foot on Christmas Eve 2010 in Bethlehem, this is another very special and extraordinary highlight of their life and pilgrimage! Especially also because their “pilgrimage connecting peoples” followed the traces of the apostle Paul on the one hand and on the other hand stood under the motto “JOY - PEACE - FREEDOM”.
EXTRACT FROM THE MEDIA REPORTS - SEE MORE HERE
To older posts (CHRONICLE / ARCHIVE)