Slovakia is behind us, we have reached Hungary! It was a wonderful way through Slovakia, challenging and beautiful at the same time! Many thanks to the friends of the JERUSALEM WAY Team Slovakia - great job!
The city of Esztergom, also known as Gran, is worth seeing! The mighty basilica can be seen from afar, by the way, this is the seat of the Archdiocese of Esztergom-Budapest, thus the center of the Catholic churches of Hungary (not in Budapest!). Preview: Budapest is about 60 km ahead of us, 3 more stages and we will reach the center of the Hungarian capital! In Budapest we meet the main route of the Jerusalem Way coming from Austria! This is exactly in front of the large new pilgrims' hostel (12th district).
Today's stage is very beautiful and challenging. It leads uphill and downhill through hilly area / small mountains. At the end of the day we reach the Pilisszántó area, where there are several accommodations for pilgrims!
OROSDY-KASTÉLY (Pilgrim hostel in Orosdy Castle), 2095 Pilisszántó, Orosdy utca, space for 10 people, 3.000 HUF per person, contact Ms. Lászlóné Répás, phone: +36 26-349-622, email firstname.lastname@example.org, Website click here
Other accommodations nearby:
- Eden rose, 2098 Pilisszentkereszt, Pilisszántói u. 5, Tel .: +36 30 982-4623
- Piliskapu, 2098 Pilisszentkereszt, Kossuth Lajos u. 73, Tel .: + 36 20 994-1507
- Rózsaszín Béka, 2098 Pilisszentkereszt, Kossuth Lajos u. 26, Tel .: +36 20 531-8941
- Kormos Róza, 2095 Pilisszántó, Kossuth Lajos. u. 122, Tel .: +36 26-349-345
- Ferenc Nagy, 2095 Pilisszántó, Kossuth Lajos u. 15, Tel .: +36 26-349-091
Notice: All pilgrim accommodations in Hungary see on our partner's website Magyar Zarándokút